Team Denali: Day 16 - Update from Rich

Published Thursday, 21st June 2018

Latest update from Rich:

"Ok - there maybe a slight break in the weather for us!

We have a possible chance to move to High Camp (17,200ft) on Friday morning.

There looks to be a small gap in the ‘low weather’ forecast and the winds should drop for a short period..

It’s too early yet to make any judgements on how it will pan out - but we are all hoping for a little bit of luck.

We have been training for the next phase and the challenging headwall, which will need some effort, as at present it looks icy on the fixed lines - so axes, crampons, harnesses, ascenders and lots of other kit to hopefully get us to the start of Washburns Thumb and then onto High Camp.

Conditions on the mountain have meant people have not been able to move between camps until late last night due to high winds and heavy snowfall.

Morale is good, the food has been outstanding and everyone is ready to go!"

#65DNTeamDenali #BeyondInjury #MentalHealthMatters #RMfamily

Marmot Mountain Europe Inmarsat Mobile Solar Chargers Ltd Enigma Alliance Branding Science Swansea University BFBS Radio Up and UnderThe Royal Marines Charity

Cookie policy

We use necessary cookies to allow our site to function correctly. You can disable these via your browser settings but this site may not function correctly if you do so. We also use optional cookies to collect anonymised visitor statistics to help us identify issues and improve our web site. View our privacy policy here

Cookies