Final Preparations Before the Team Fly to Antarctica ..

Published Sunday, 8th January 2017

The team have spent the day on final checks and preparation before they fly to Antarctica tomorrow to start their massive challenge to climb Mt Vinson unsupported!

They have had a mandatory briefing with ALE this afternoon at the ALE office in Punta Arenas in preparation for the flight and arrival procedures at Union Glacier.

Weather and met reports look favourable for a morning flight but the team are acutely aware that the ferocious weather can change hour by hour.

They will be on a short notice to move if their flight is delayed.

Conditions at Union Glacier are currently -25°C without factoring in the wind chill.

Live Q&A session at 8.30pm!!

The team will try to answer all your questions.

Cookie policy

We use necessary cookies to allow our site to function correctly. You can disable these via your browser settings but this site may not function correctly if you do so. We also use optional cookies to collect anonymised visitor statistics to help us identify issues and improve our web site. View our privacy policy here

Cookies